Driving 50 ohms with 5V pulses

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
VOLA

Driving 50 ohms with 5V pulses

Post by VOLA » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:00 am

Hello,

I want to use the function generator possibility of Red Pitaya in order to deliver 5V pulses (~10µs/low frequency).
The output of RedPitaya is +/-1V or best for me 0-1V, but too low for my application.
I know how to translate the output level to 5V (with a comparator MAX903 and with the 5V power supply of the Red Pitaya).
I have an other problem : I want to trigger an high voltage pulse generator with 50 ohm input and which need 5V +/-1V input pulse signal.
I want again to use the 5V power supply I can get from the RedPitaya.
Is there a simple solution (I think of paralleling a MOSFET driver like ICL7667), could you give me some advices ?

Sincerely

timmolter

Re: Driving 50 ohms with 5V pulses

Post by timmolter » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:39 am

I'm curious about this too. Anyone knowledgable on this topic want to share ideas?

brussieux

Re: Driving 50 ohms with 5V pulses

Post by brussieux » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:54 pm

...same problem : i'd like to interface Red Pitaya analog outputs 1 and 2 to trigger standard 3,3V logic. One volt is'nt enough for TTL inputs...

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie