New to Redpitaya

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
kavilshah

New to Redpitaya

Post by kavilshah » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:01 am

Hi.. I am new to Redpitaya.. can anybody tell me how to do basic programs.. also Where I can built my code....
I want also know about triggering concept using Redpitaya...

Nils Roos

Re: New to Redpitaya

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi
I recommend making yourself familiar with the platform by reading the user manual, then set up your development environment.
Have a look at the developer documentation, but also look around the forum, because the documentation is not 100% conclusive in some areas, to put it politely.
But if you take a look around here, you will find that many issues have been addressed already, should you encounter any problems. If you can't find a solution, just ask.

Good luck
Nils

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:17 am

hiii....!!! I am using redpitaya for an application of external trigger...I am giving trigger pulse(3.3V) from function generator AFG 3022B at DIO0-p of E1- connector. and at that time continuous sine wave(500mV) from AFG is given to the channel 1(Fast analog input 1) of RP.

In RP Oscilloscope trigger source is set as a external.... from this configuration continuous sine wave is acquired even if my trigger is not pressed....

Can you tell me how to set my system..so that when i press trigger externally from the AFG then and only then sine wave will be acquired.

Is this setup correct?? if not then provide me an experimental setup for this task.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi,
You need to set the trigger-mode "Normal" and trigger-source "External" to get the result you want.

I also noticed that if the external trigger input is left floating, it often reads as high, even though it is supposed to be equipped with an internal pull-down resistor.

Greetings
Nils

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:08 am

hii Nils...

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion.. I tried this and I got my results...
:) :) :) :)

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:12 am

Hii.. Nils...
can you give me more suggestions about multiple triggering..

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:37 pm

"Normal" trigger mode supports multiple trigger events.
There is a trigger hold-off time of ~0.5ms, but after that time has passed, the next low/high transition on the external trigger input will trigger another acquisition.

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:54 am

hiii Nils....
Thanks for the support...

can you tell me in what environment i can develop my code for any application??
And what should I do for that...

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:40 pm

The easiest thing to do would be to download the Xilinx Vivado 2013.3 + SDK package and install it on your system of choice. Also download and save the RedPitaya source code for future reference, it is very useful to have working examples handy.

Then create a RedPitaya hardware platform (see this thread) and you are ready to develop and compile applications for your RedPitaya.

For further details on app development, I am going to quote my first answer:
I recommend making yourself familiar with the platform by reading the user manual, then set up your development environment.
Have a look at the developer documentation, but also look around the forum, because the documentation is not 100% conclusive in some areas, to put it politely.
But if you take a look around here, you will find that many issues have been addressed already, should you encounter any problems.

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:28 am

Hi Nils..
Thanks again...

I have one question regarding external trigger...
I am able to get my signal at each trigger....now i have to generate file (XML file) for each trigger...
so what I have to do??

at RP oscilloscope trigger source is set to be external...and trigger mode is set to be normal...and i ecternal trigger is applied at E1 connector..

Tell me what should I do to generate file at each trigger...

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie