I think I fried on of my input channels...

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
fossum_13

I think I fried on of my input channels...

Post by fossum_13 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Well I finally did it. I miss-wired a circuit and pumped 150p-pV into a 1x attenuated HV input channel. I'll try again tonight to measure a basic circuit, but I think it's fried.

Is there any way to repair it? And is there any way to add voltage clamping without effecting the measurement?

Thanks

Nils Roos

Re: I think I fried on of my input channels...

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Oh damn, possibly an expensive mistake.

I you are lucky, it's just the input OP-amp that was damaged. If you are unlucky, the ADC was damaged.
(If you are really lucky, there are already some clamps in the input stage, and those shorted. But that is difficult to tell without the schematics)

In both cases, repairability depends on your ability of desoldering and soldering QFN SMD components. The input OP-amps should be quite doable, QFN 16 is not too bad. The ADC is a QFN 64 package with central ground pad, and that's a bitch to replace without specialized equipment.
fossum_13 wrote:And is there any way to add voltage clamping without effecting the measurement?
No idea, I'd think adding zener diodes might degrade the noise- and possibly also HF-performance.

john k2ox

Post by john k2ox » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Bummer. I've attached a reverse engineered input schematic. I found this somewhere on the net.

Hope it is just the amp, but that was a lot of voltage. Are all of the other functions still working?

john
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mightybeard7

Post by mightybeard7 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:32 pm

Can u please share the schematic?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie