New to Redpitaya

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
kavilshah

Re: New to Redpitaya

Post by kavilshah » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:32 pm

ok thank you...

Can you tell me the perfect procedure to modify the acquire utility...??
In which environment i should work??
if i program it using C in Eclipse then what cross compiler should i use??
and further which memory it will use??
in short please give me detail idea about the procedure...

thank you...

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi,

I'd recommend to use the SDK to build applications for the Red Pitaya. It can be set up quickly to target the Red Pitaya, see this thread.

When you have created a new application project, import the acquire sources into your new project. Right-click the "src" folder in your project, "Import..." from filesystem, select all .c and .h files in Test/acuire . You may also need to import "version.h" from Applications/scope/src .
Then add the required external libraries to the linker settings (acquire needs the standard libs "m" and "pthread"). Right-click your project, navigate to libraries and add "m" and "pthread":
libs.png
You may also want to remove the ".elf" extension, in "Settings" select the "Build Artifact"-tab and clear the extension.

Then hit the build button.

After you have verified that everything works as expected, go and modify acquire to do what you need it to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:39 am

Hey... u gave me the solution to change acquire utility in terms of trigger mode...bcoz acquire.c is programmed in auto triggering mode.. so can give me more detail about where to change??

or in a program where should i make this change??
and what kind of change??

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:52 am

Also, can you give me guideline about my application??As I am new to this redpitaya...

i have an application in that i want acquire data at particular triggered event..event rate may be of 50ms... during this time i have to acquire the data and it should be stored in some place (?? i doono where i can put it)...

So first of all, 1) redpitaya should perform multiple triggering...for that what should I do??whether i should change in acquire utility in C code?? or anything else??
2) each data should be stored in some memory so that it can be retrieved from it for post processing...for this what should i do???how many choices are available to me??in which environment i can perform this task?? whether Vivado will helpful to me or not???

3)what is actual difference between vivado and programming in C

Please give me desirable answer...as i am new to red pitaya, there are so many confusions in mind....kindly needed you support...thank you...

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:36 pm

kavilshah wrote:3)what is actual difference between vivado and programming in C
  • Vivado is a platform to develop programmable logic for Xilinx FPGAs. Think of it as a way to add new devices to your Red Pitaya.
  • C programs on the other hand run on the ARM cores within the linux OS. They can use the devices that the Red Pitaya offers (existing and new). C programs can be written and compiled with the Xilinx SDK, as described earlier.
kavilshah wrote:1) redpitaya should perform multiple triggering...for that what should I do??whether i should change in acquire utility in C code?? or anything else??
The simplest way to make acquire do an acquisition triggered by an external trigger signal is to change the parameter presets in Test/acquire/acquire.c (line 55+)

Code: Select all

/** Oscilloscope module parameters as defined in main module
 * @see rp_main_params
 */
//float t_params[PARAMS_NUM] = { 0, 1e6, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 };
// 3rd value is trigger mode (mode 1 = normal)
// 4th value is trigger source (source 6 = external trigger rising edge)
float t_params[PARAMS_NUM] = { 0, 1e6, 1, 6, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 };
kavilshah wrote:2) each data should be stored in some memory so that it can be retrieved from it for post processing...for this what should i do???how many choices are available to me??in which environment i can perform this task?? whether Vivado will helpful to me or not???
You can redirect the output of the acquire utility to a file with standard linux console mechanisms ("acquire 16384 >samples.txt"). Then do with the file whatever you want.

If you are so inclined you could also put some code into acquire to make it write directly to a file instead of standard out, or have it send the data over the network, or, or, or. There are many choices available to you, but since you say yourself that you are new to the platform, it's best to stick to something simple like what I mentioned above.

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:14 am

thank you so much nils..

as per your answer for the first question, i can change parameters in acquire.c file...
but my file is located in /opt/src/utils/acquire/acquire.c....so basically it is read only file...and i am unable to change its read write access by changing its property...

so how to make change in it...??
hope you got my question...

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:18 pm

kavilshah wrote:but my file is located in /opt/src/utils/acquire/acquire.c....so basically it is read only file...and i am unable to change its read write access by changing its property... so how to make change in it...??
This is not the file you are looking for ...
You can not compile sources on the Red Pitaya, because it has neither compiler nor toolchain installed. In your local Red Pitaya git repository, look for the file Test/acquire/acquire.c . Do your changes there, build the acquire binary and copy that to your Red Pitaya, into /opt/bin (by following these instructions).

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:25 am

Thank you so much nils...

kavilshah

Post by kavilshah » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:13 am

hii Nils...

need your help... i am unable to build binary for acquire.

every time i got the error binary not found!!
please can you tell me whether i missed any steps or not...
or tell me what i have to do actually.....
thank you...

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:31 pm

You did not provide enough information to enable helping you.
  1. What do you do (step by step) ?
  2. What happens at each step ?
  3. Where does the "binary not found" error appear ?
I already told you how to build applications earlier in this thread, I see no sense in repeating all that.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie