How to save data?

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
johnq

How to save data?

Post by johnq » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:04 pm

I am unable to save the data from my RedPitaya. I want to be able to save either the oscilloscope trace or the spectrum analyzer trace as a text file to my PC, with two columns, representing the x, and y-data exactly as they are displayed on the screen in the web browser application. Using the WinSCP application, I am able to access the RedPitaya file system, so it would be possible to just drag the files across if it's only possible to save directly to the RedPitaya. If, for example, I enter "acquire 1084 8" in the WinSCP terminal, it displays a long list of numbers in the terminal, which presumably are the data that I want to save. However I am unable save this as a text file. -How do I go about this?

-It would be really useful just to have a button on the web browser application that allowed you to save the current data trace.

Many thanks

Nils Roos

Re: How to save data?

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:13 pm

johnq wrote:-It would be really useful just to have a button on the web browser application that allowed you to save the current data trace.
Agreed, some way to export acquired data from the scope app would be a nice feature.

For the time being, you can eg. redirect the output of acquire into a file and fetch that. "acquire 1084 8 >/tmp/samples.txt" would do just that.

johnq

Post by johnq » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Thanks, that works (I was trying a similar command, but was missing the ">" so I couldn't get it going.) I can now save the data, but it isn't the calibrated waveform that is displayed on the web browser app. - There's a post here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=362 that describes an additional command line utility that includes the calibration as an option for acquire (and generate). How do I install the utility so that I can use the new option?

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:57 pm

You just need to replace the acquire and generate tools in /opt/bin with the new ones:
edgo.zip
  1. copy edgo.zip to the /tmp folder
  2. open a console on the Red Pitaya and make the /opt subdirectory writeable with "rw" command
  3. "cd /opt/bin/"
  4. "unzip /tmp/edgo.zip"
  5. use the command "ro" to write-protect /opt again
Now you have permanently installed the calibration-aware versions of generate and acquire.
To acquire calibrated voltages, use the "-c" option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

johnq

Post by johnq » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks, that works well now.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie