Fast analog Input 1 Problem

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
lw58

Fast analog Input 1 Problem

Post by lw58 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Hello,

I am a research student aiming to utilise the PID capability of the Red Pitaya. However, the fast analog input and output ports do not appear to be working:

1. Fast Analog Input 1 reads a constant maximum voltage (-1.058V on LV and -23.4V on HV). This value does not change regardless of what signal, if any, I connect to this port.

2. Fast Analog Input 2 works fine

3. Fast Analog Output 1 outputs a constant voltage of approximately -2.9V. This value does not change regardless of what signal, if any, I generate on either the web app or the console.

4. Fast Analog Output 2 has the same behaviour as Fast Analog Output 1.

I reset the calibration of the fast analog input and outputs to the factory default but it did not resolve the problem. Any advice on how to fix?

Thanks.

Nils Roos

Re: Fast analog Input 1 Problem

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:42 pm

-2.9V is well outside the range that can be programmed for the fast analog outputs, so my guess would be a hardware defect.
redpitaya wrote:If you suspect that your RP is broken please
write us on support.
http://redpitaya.com/services/

lw58

Re: Fast analog Input 1 Problem

Post by lw58 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:41 am

Thanks! I have only connected the fast analog outputs to an oscilloscope, a frequency mixer and a 741 op-amp so I am unsure as to how the problem arose. Also, I have never used output 2 before so I am again confused as to why it is broken.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie