Another no LAN connection problem

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Basil

Another no LAN connection problem

Post by Basil » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Whilst I can connect to my RP via the HDSDR compatible software from Pavel, the HPSDR compatible application fails to connect. The HPSDR software shows the correct IP address 192.168.1.70 but no MAC address is shown in HPSDR. I have tried with the router set for a fixed and a floating IP address for the RP, and in HPSDR with the netork settings ticked for fixed and / or ticked for last known, as well as all unticked. it has, twice, connected and then worked fine, showing the correct MAC address, but once disconnected a re-connection is abysmally fickle. It now fails to connect at all. I have router - cable to network switch - cable from switch to RP I have struggled for days with this and have also tried editing the commented out lines on the SD card to force a fixed address to no avail. I have tried reformatting the SD card and tried two other branded cards of 32GB in size. Anyone able to help please? I can post screen shots of the HPSDR network details "box" and of the results of a DOS prompt IPCONFIG query. OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. Thanks :)

Basil

Re: Another no LAN connection problem

Post by Basil » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:48 am

Anyone able to help, still unable to connect to the RP using red-pitaya-alpine-3.6-armhf-20180305.zip

I connect fine using ecosystem-0.92-65-35575ed-sdr-receiver.zip

Thanks.

pavel

Post by pavel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Could you please provide a short description of what you're trying to achieve and what is the problem?

Ideally, it would be great if you could start with an unmodified installation of the red-pitaya-alpine-3.6-armhf-20180305.zip SD card image and then describe the steps that you take to setup the network connection and to run the applications on the Red Pitaya board and on the PC.

BTW. Some notes about the network configuration can be found at
http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya ... figuration

Basil

Post by Basil » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi Pavel, thanks for the reply, what further info than in the first post do you need please, and i'll try and furnish you with that ASAP, cheers:

Whilst I can connect to my RP via the HDSDR compatible software from Pavel, the HPSDR compatible application fails to connect. The HPSDR software shows the correct IP address 192.168.1.70 but no MAC address is shown in HPSDR. I have tried with the router set for a fixed and a floating IP address for the RP, and in HPSDR with the netork settings ticked for fixed and / or ticked for last known, as well as all unticked. it has, twice, connected and then worked fine, showing the correct MAC address, but once disconnected a re-connection is abysmally fickle. It now fails to connect at all. I have router - cable to network switch - cable from switch to RP I have struggled for days with this and have also tried editing the commented out lines on the SD card to force a fixed address to no avail. I have tried reformatting the SD card and tried two other branded cards of 32GB in size. Anyone able to help please? I can post screen shots of the HPSDR network details "box" and of the results of a DOS prompt IPCONFIG query. OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. Thanks :)

pavel

Post by pavel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm

what further info than in the first post do you need please
I've reread several times your initial post but I'm afraid I don't understand anything except that you have a router and both your PC and Red Pitaya are connected to this router and that after some modifications your setup stopped working.

From what I can read, your current setup looks like the following:
  • a SD card image with some unknown modifications
  • a unknown HPSDR compatible program with some unknown modifications
  • They can't communicate
This information isn't enough for me to understand your problem.

I could try to help you, if you could start with the following setup:
  • an unmodified installation of the red-pitaya-alpine-3.6-armhf-20180305.zip SD card image
  • an unmodified installation of the PowerSDR mRX PS program version 3.4.9
and if you could describe all the steps that you take to setup the network connection and to run the applications on the Red Pitaya board and on the PC.

Maybe the problem is as simple as that a wrong application is running on your Red Pitaya board. I don't know. It's not clear from your description.

Basil

Post by Basil » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:57 pm

OK, thanks Pavel, for a start I was using 3.4.7 of PowerSDR, so I will download the later one and install that, then see what happens with a virgin SD card installed with a virgin copy of your software. I'll report back tomorrow with full info, thanks again.

Basil

Post by Basil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 pm

I have a freshly downloaded copy of PowerSDR mRX PS program version 3.4.9 installed on my Windows 7 64 bit desktop PC. I also have a freshly downloaded copy of red-pitaya-alpine-3.6-armhf-20180305.zip copied to a freshly formatted SD card. My router is set to not give the RP a fixed IP address. the router connects to a switch and that connects to the PC. When I run the PowerSDR programme it says it cannot connect to the RP, and asks if it's connected and powered. I have waited after powering the RP for about 30 seconds before running PowerSDR. All LED's appear normal on the RP. the same RP and same configuration run immediately if I use your HDSDR software and HDSDR sees the RP and works correctly. I link to four screen shots that may help, below, thanks.

http://www.chriswilson.tv/hdsdr.jpg

http://www.chriswilson.tv/hpsdr-screen.jpg

http://www.chriswilson.tv/hpsdr-screen2.jpg

http://www.chriswilson.tv/ipconfig.jpg

http://www.chriswilson.tv/router.jpg

If more info is needed please just ask, I am well out of my comfort zone with IP stuff, sorry.

pavel

Post by pavel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks for this new attempt with the fresh installation of the software. What I still don't understand is how you start the correct application on the Red Pitaya board. Have you tried to connect to the web interface running on the Red Pitaya board? Have you clicked on the 'SDR transceiver compatible with HPSDR' link to start the application?

Basil

Post by Basil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:18 pm

I think what you are expecting is I have a suite of applications on the SD card, and that is not the case. I only have the application expanded from the zip file red-pitaya-alpine-3.6-armhf-20180305.zip

This is also how it successfully runs the HDSDR software ecosystem-0.92-65-35575ed-sdr-receiver.zip on a different SD card, that card just has the single software expanded upon it.

As such I don't think it has the web interface on the card?

Should I download the suite of apps to the card? If so what's the current link to them please? Thanks for your patience!

pavel

Post by pavel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:22 pm

I think what you are expecting is I have a suite of applications on the SD card, and that is not the case. I only have the application expanded from the zip file red-pitaya-alpine-3.6-armhf-20180305.zip
red-pitaya-alpine-3.6-armhf-20180305.zip is a suite of applications.

There are two ways to start the 'SDR transceiver compatible with HPSDR' application:
  • to start the application automatically at boot time, copy its start.sh file from apps/sdr_transceiver_hpsdr to the topmost directory on the SD card.
  • start it manually via the web interface.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie