Multichannel Pulse Height Analyzer Setup problem

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Pineapple

Multichannel Pulse Height Analyzer Setup problem

Post by Pineapple » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:36 am

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Multichannel Pulse Height Analyzer on my Red pitaya StemLab board but it seems that i have a problem installing the environment on the board.
I've followed the instructions given here pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya-notes/mcpha/

This is what i did: I formatted the microSD card to fat32, downloaded the SD card image zip file form the link (github.com/pavel-demin/red-pitaya-notes/releases/download/20181022/red-pitaya-alpine-3.8-armhf-20181022.zip), unzipped the file into a windows folder and then copied its content to the blanck SD card. After inserting the card ito the red pitaya i try to connect with it via the local lan (rp-f0xxxx.local) but the system isn't reached. Also trying to access via the default IP aderess that should be 192.168.1.100 fails.
When i run the contlol program the connection fails.

I've also tryed to intsall the basinc RP OS on the sd card and then copy the MPHA app in the apps folder, this way i can access the board via the IP address but still the control program will not connect using the same address.

If someone could clarify to me where i'm going wrong i would appreciate. Thanks in advance.

pavel

Re: Multichannel Pulse Height Analyzer Setup problem

Post by pavel » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 pm

This is what i did: I formatted the microSD card to fat32, downloaded the SD card image zip file form the link (github.com/pavel-demin/red-pitaya-notes/releases/download/20181022/red-pitaya-alpine-3.8-armhf-20181022.zip), unzipped the file into a windows folder and then copied its content to the blanck SD card.
I don't see any problem with the steps that you describe. Could you post a screenshot of a file browser showing the files and directories on the SD card?

If the files copied to the SD card from red-pitaya-alpine-3.8-armhf-20181022.zip are OK, then LED0 should start blinking right after the Red Pitaya board is powered on.

If LED0 blinks, then the next step is to connect to the web interface of the Red Pitaya board and to start the MCPHA application.
I've also tryed to intsall the basinc RP OS on the sd card and then copy the MPHA app in the apps folder, this way i can access the board via the IP address but still the control program will not connect using the same address.
If the SD card image provided by the Red Pitaya developers works for you, then the MCPHA application can be easily installed via the web interface using Application marketplace.

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Thank you for the replay.

The LED0 blinks at the power-on as you say, still the borad is not accessible via the web interface.
Attached you can see the file browser of the SD card.

The program works fine with the installation via the web interface, no problems with that, still i can't figure out what was my mistake in the offline installation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pavel

Post by pavel » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Thanks for the screenshots. Everything looks OK.
The LED0 blinks at the power-on as you say, still the borad is not accessible via the web interface.
Since the LED0 blinks and the screenshots are OK, then it's possible that it's a network problem.

I think that the easiest way to debug this problem would be to connect to the Red Pitaya command line via the serial/USB console as described at this link and then check the network configuration using the ifconfig command.

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:30 am

Thanks a lot, very kind of you helping me out!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie