Need help using my Red Pitaya as SDR

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
ct7ahv

Need help using my Red Pitaya as SDR

Post by ct7ahv » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Hello to all of you,

Several months I bought a Red Pitaya Stemlab125-10 to enter in the world of SDR because I’m radio amateur.
I have learned a lot with Red Pitaya and I have it working, receiving and transmitting, but I have a lot of noise on reception.
The noise that I’m talk about is without any antenna connected, and even with pcb input jumpers removed!
The level of noise is about -80dBm to -70dBm depending on what frequency. On a SDR software as HPSDR, the receive signal meter shows about S-7 to S-9, is too much noise. I also have tried all SDR softwares recommended.
I thought it could be noise injected from the power supply, so for despite I powered the Red Pitaya with a battery power bank and I had same results in terms of noise.
I just don’t know what should I do, can you help me please?
I want to continue my project using the Red Pitaya, but first I really need to solve this issue…

Thank you in advance!
Best regards, Pedro

Evgenii

Re: Need help using my Red Pitaya as SDR

Post by Evgenii » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:46 pm

Здравствуйте Педро ! Я тоже заинтересован RedPitaya в качестве измерительной лаборатории и конечно-же как хорошего CDR . В YouTube есть несколько видео от Evgenii Kolganow о работе RedPitaya в качестве SDR с различным программным обеспечением таких как zeus , PWR SDR , HP SDR и других . Ссылку на видео здесь мне не разрешают . Если хотите посмотреть больше , подпишитесь на его канал Evgenii Kolganow . Шума в работе его CDR c RedPitaya я не услышал , однако и внятных разъяснений , как именно -установить и наладить , например zeus я не нашел . Ваш опыт меня несколько настораживает потому-что я собираюсь приобрести RedPitaya . Крайне скудная информация , очень долго приходится ждать конкретной помощи . Остаётся запастись огромным терпением . 73 !

ct7ahv

Post by ct7ahv » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Hello,
can you type in English please?

Thanks

pavel

Post by pavel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi Pedro,

When I started to develop the SDR applications for the Red Pitaya board, there was only one version of the board. It's currently called 125-14. As far as I know, 125-14 is the board that is used by most of the amateur radio operators interested in the Red Pitaya technology. Thanks to them the SDR applications are thoroughly tested with the original 125-14 board.

Since I don't have the newer 125-10 board, I can't test my SDR applications with it and I don't have any idea on how it works with my SDR applications.

Best regards,

Pavel

ct7ahv

Post by ct7ahv » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:30 pm

pavel wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 pm
Hi Pedro,

When I started to develop the SDR applications for the Red Pitaya board, there was only one version of the board. It's currently called 125-14. As far as I know, 125-14 is the board that is used by most of the amateur radio operators interested in the Red Pitaya technology. Thanks to them the SDR applications are thoroughly tested with the original 125-14 board.

Since I don't have the newer 125-10 board, I can't test my SDR applications with it and I don't have any idea on how it works with my SDR applications.

Best regards,

Pavel
Hello Pavel, good to read from you!
I use your SDR applications on my Red Pitaya!
My Red Pitaya, for example, works very fine doing CW Skimmer and spotting on Reverse Beacon Network.
On transmission it also works fine but I still don’t have information about what is the nominal signal strength in transmission...
I believe the differences between 125-14 and 125-10 are the sample bitdepht which is reflected in bandwidth, I think. Also there are differences in connectors, I just don’t understand why the RX has much noise!
I also compared the noise level measured with the Spectrum Analyzer application and measured as SDR and the values are the same...

ct7ahv

Post by ct7ahv » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:39 am

Hello guys,
Unfortunately I am disappointed with the redpitaya’s technical support... I’ve sent two e-mails to them and I asked for support here on the forum.
I decided to sell my redpitaya and I will search for other FPGA board for develop my project, is hard to see that I expend about 350€ on this and I don’t have any reply or support! Also, I will not recommend this to my friends because if they need support, it doesn’t exist...

Thanks to the guys who replied to me on this topic!

Best regards
Pedro

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie