Analog Input Jumper Positions

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
Hariharan

Analog Input Jumper Positions

Post by Hariharan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi,

I am new to this RP environment and I am trying out some basic stuff to get to know about the board. My doubt is over the jumper positions for the analog inputs.

Should I change the jumper positions to plus or minus 20V option to enable to RP to measure input signals having Vpp > 1 Volts?

wimphot

Re: Analog Input Jumper Positions

Post by wimphot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:35 pm

Hello Hariharan
I too am a Newbie just starting out with a RedPitaya
I too am hoping for an answer to this question. Possibly like you, I dont want to 'fry' my new Christmas Present by making stupid mistakes right at the outset.
I would like to hope there is some 'over-voltage' protection on the inputs. BUT until I find it in writing I do want to take a chance!
Happy New Year

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Hello,

as stated here : https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... %20jumpers
important bits being: Absolute maximum input voltage rating: 30 V (S) (1500 V ESD- electrostatic discharge) and if you click the previous link and scroll a bit you will find explicit pictures explaining how the jumpers work.

I am also a electronic hobbyist and my rule is to keep any kind of instrument on the biggest range, in this case is the +-20V option, just to be safe, and I will use the 1V path only when I already know for sure that my signal is under 1V and I actually need the extra resolution and accuracy that this range provides.

Hope this helps!

wimphot

Post by wimphot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Hello
Brilliant.
Short answer - it helps enormously
Thank you very much

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie