streaming server

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
kerberix

streaming server

Post by kerberix » Mon May 27, 2019 11:21 am

In the doumentation a steaming server application is mentioned: redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/latest/appsFeatures/apps-featured/streaming/appStreaming.html . This looks like jst the thing I need for my project. Unfortunately, I can't find this application in any of the OSes and ecosystems. Itried downloading all the of them for downloads.redpitaya.com.Can anyone provide me with a link the the OS or ecosystem that contains the streaming server?

florianb

Re: streaming server

Post by florianb » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi,

We recently bought a STEMLab 125-14 and also cannot find the streaming server. We would need the ability to stream the signal acquired by one of the fast ADCs via Ethernet as fast as possible.

Best Regards,
Florian

renegade264

Post by renegade264 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:04 am

Hi,

I looked into this too, I think it is only available on the 122.88-16 version of the Red Pitaya (the new one). I am also looking to have this functionality in my project and I am thinking of tweaking the following code/block design from Anton: antonpotocnik.com/?p=514765 (Averager project)

I have compiled the block design and it works quite well, however it uses the BRAM as a memory buffer as opposed to the DDR RAM which offers 512 MB, I've not encountered a block design which uses the on board RAM yet. To the best of my knowledge the use of the DDR RAM is implemented in the 'logic' bitstream/project which is all written in systemverilog (sv).

Best Regards, Renegade

florianb

Post by florianb » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:37 am

If anybody is still looking for the streaming app: it is contained in the current beta ecosystem
downloads.redpitaya.com/downloads/STEMlab-125-1x/STEMlab_125-xx_OS_0.99-41_beta.zip

Best regards
Florian

awmlee

Post by awmlee » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:06 pm

I was wondering if there's a URL type API to the Streaming server? I'd like to start the server remotely with various parameters (e.g. 16 bit at some acquisition frequency, with both channels). Ideally I'd use a python urllib2 (or similar) to call the the streaming server and load up the parameters:

h&&p://192.168.0.21/streaming_manager/?type=run

I've been using the streaming server for data acquisition using python, and it seems to be working quite well. In my mind, it's a helpful tool for development workflow: I can acquire data on my host computer, and do data processing in python. Once I understand my algorithm, I can port it to some native FPGA/C code on RP.

yashodip

Post by yashodip » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:01 pm

I would like to steram data in xls/csv file. Can somebody explain how to achieve this functionality?

florianb

Post by florianb » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi,

via ssh you may use the command line version of the streaming server. Running "/opt/redpitaya/bin/streaming-server -c /root/stream_conf" with stream_conf being a simple text file with the server configuration. For the content of this config file you can look at the one temporarily created by the streaming-server app in the web interface.

The server starts streaming when receiving a tcp connection or for udp getting a udp package with a payload of 1 for start streaming and 0 stopping it.

Streaming to binary file can be done directly in the web interface. Maybe it is possible to either convert the wav files to text using audacity or to use the DIAdem software to convert TDMS files.

Best regards,
Florian

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Streaming app was improved so please update your OS to the latest!

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Black Friday 2020 is here!

florianb

Post by florianb » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:58 am

With the recent OS 1.04-7 the console application stopped working for us.
Running from the root user it first is missing the rp.so library and by adding the lib folder
/opt/redpitaya/lib to the system starting the console app throws a Segmentation fault. The streaming server app from the web-frontend is working fine.

PS:
There were changes in the streaming protocol. ADC data is now scaled to 16bit and the header was extended by 8 bytes.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie