122.8-16 Stemlab won't start with sdr_hpsdr image

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
n4zr

122.8-16 Stemlab won't start with sdr_hpsdr image

Post by n4zr » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:11 pm

I just received my 50-ohm 122.8-16 Stemlab, which I want to use on the Reverse Beacon Network as a multi-band receiver. However, I'm having problems, and am looking for some insight.

First, I loaded Pavel Demin's image file from April 11, copied start.sh from sdr_receiver_hpsdr to the root, and powered it up. The green LED came on, and the yellow one at the left end of the row began blinking, like the red heartbeat used to with the Ubuntu version. However, there was no indication that it was running and on my network (no IP addresses - I'm told there should be 2).

Then I noticed that there was a later version of Demin's image, dated 5/27, so I loaded that instead. This time, when I powered the RP up, all I saw was the single green LED. No blinking yellow, and again, no indication (IP addresses, etc.) that the unit was actually running.

I'd welcome any suggestions about how to proceed with trouble-shooting.

n4zr

Re: 122.8-16 Stemlab won't start with sdr_hpsdr image

Post by n4zr » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:32 pm

Addendum - I prepared another SD card using the latest beta image for the 122.8-16. It loads, finds an IP address, and communicates with Red Pitaya exactly as it should. I presume this means that ther hardware is OK.

sr711bear

Re: 122.8-16 Stemlab won't start with sdr_hpsdr image

Post by sr711bear » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:29 am

I had to partition and format the SD card (Windows) as FAT32 before Pavel's zip file would work.

Standard SD card didn't work if I just copied the files to it first.

Mike N4MHO

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie