Sampling clock subharmonics in integrated FFT spectrum

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
mugundhanrri

Sampling clock subharmonics in integrated FFT spectrum

Post by mugundhanrri » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Hello guys,

I have implemented an autocorrelation FFT spectrometer. The data from the ADC is passed on to the FFT core (biplex FFT core by CASPER group), then the real and the imaginary values are squared and integrated. The data keeps streaming in, and the integration happens in such a way that the Nth spectrum is added over N-1th and so on. I then get the data out as a 32 bit number, and use Pavel's BRAM writer code to get it to the PS and to the acquisition computer.

Now, when I terminate keep the input of the ADC open or terminate using 50 ohms, I find dips at fs/4, fs/4+fs/8, fs/4-fs/8, fs/4+/-fs/16 and so on. I integrate the spectrum for ~ 140 ms. Please take a look at the attached plot.

Has anyone else using the board also seen something like this ?

Thank you,

Mugundhan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Sampling clock subharmonics in integrated FFT spectrum

Post by redpitaya » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:42 am

Hello Mugundhan,
and thank you for posting!
This is interesting at the same time I would like to ask, what would be the possible applications for this?

Kind regards,
Nick

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie