Audio Measurement Project

Tell us how your experiment is running with Red Pitaya
eduardomaranicaetano

Audio Measurement Project

Post by eduardomaranicaetano » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Hello to everbody here in the Forum, I'm new here and this is my first post.
As a Audio Engineer, I work and develop professional audio equipment for musicians and recording facilities.
The red Pitaya, as far as I know, is a wornderfull and powerfull tool for measurements, but it's lack on the audio measurements.
I'd like to know if there is anyone who want to join me in a project to create a audio measument plattaform.
It would include:
Distortion, THD+N, Intermodulation Distortion, CMRR, SNR, Input Noise, Dynamic Range, Crosstalk, Input and Output level before a distortion paramter that could be setted, Gain and so on.
It could work together with an analog board controlled by the RedPitaya.
This analog board would have the precision differential amplifiers, switched resistors for autoscale, Weighting filter (maybe it could be done digitally), optional input impedance...
A important thing would be the possibility to change the mean number on the spectrum analyzer so we could reduce te noise floor.
I do have another ideia for a THD measument. Since all the methods that exist involve a static analyses, I think that our project should include a dynamic distortion analyses (more on that later) as well as a Slew Rate measument.
I could contribute with the external analogue board development/design and some enlightenment on the measurements necessity, but i need someone for the digital part.
Anyone wana join this project?
Fill free to contact me on my email: eduardomaranicaetano@gmail.com
My best regards.
Eduardo Caetano

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Audio Measurement Project

Post by redpitaya » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Hello,
This "sounds" very interesting. We need to investigate what is feasible, we can do it after the 250SDR will be released in a month or so.

eduardomaranicaetano

Re: Audio Measurement Project

Post by eduardomaranicaetano » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:06 pm

Ok. Lets wait for its release.
By the way, do someone lnows hot to change the spectrum analyser scale from linear to log?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie