"Checking for update" not working

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
mmo

"Checking for update" not working

Post by mmo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:26 pm

I hadn't used my Red Pitaya STEMlab 125 for a while. This weekend I wanted to do some measurements. Before doing so I checked for updates, but the busy-wheel kept rotating forever. So I downloaded the newest version from the website and updated the SD card with the latest version.

After doing so I tried the online update function again (expecting that it would check and report something like "you are up-to-date"), but the same picture: At step 3 "Checking for updates" the process hangs indefinitely. Why is this not working any more? Is this a known issue?

My router isn't blocking RP from going into the network but is there something else that one needs to check or enable to get this working?

mmo

Re: "Checking for update" not working

Post by mmo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:39 pm

Nevermind - in the 3rd or 4th attempt it finally was able to connect and offered the "Distributive version" as upgrade (I had flashed the stable version before).
So, this *does* seem to be working now...

wimphot

Post by wimphot » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:13 am

So, this *does* seem to be working now...
By the above do you mean you successfully download a later version which would actually BOOT your RP or simply that the link finally connected to the server?

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 am

Last week we had 91% availability reported from that particular server.
This can happen because of a high number of simultaneous downloads or if we are updating the image.

On average the server should work just fine but in the particular cases where this system is not working, or if you want to do it a lot faster than I recommend a manual update. Here are the step by step instructions from our documentation pages:
https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... re-sd-card

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie