Redpitaya External trigger from GPIO

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
frank841220

Redpitaya External trigger from GPIO

Post by frank841220 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:50 pm

Hello, Dear All
I'm very very new as an FPGA beginner!! (self-learning about a month till now)

I would like to use Redpitaya Stemlab125-14 FPGA board to acquire signal synchronizes with an external trigger source simultaneously very fast.

I was following this tutorial Project 5 by Anton Potočnik.
Says in the Trigger Hierarchy section in the post, and confused with this little problem for several days.

How can I use an external trigger source from the other FPGA such as DE0-nano by exp_# io ports,
It didn’t seem like just easily connect the exp_tri_io port direct to the trig port of Averager IP

because I always get infinite digital 1 signal(always keep triggering ON) if I connect to the trig port, not responding to my 0 ~ 3.3V trigger source from DE0-nano, it seems like the GPIO0 is getting used as a configs register?? I've been re-write the averager IP block's Verilog for few weeks and it works very well, but just not synchronizes the external trigger I gave. :cry: :cry:

THANKS to replying to me!!

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Redpitaya External trigger from GPIO

Post by redpitaya » Tue May 05, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi Frank,
Thank you for posting!

We have external trigger already in our design that is used by oscilloscope app and that FPGA image is also available on our github, so I would recommend to look there:

https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... nnector-e1

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie