max Input Voltage on LV

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
JAW

max Input Voltage on LV

Post by JAW » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:23 pm

Hello RP-Community,

I am a Electronics Student an i am working on a laboratory experiment. I read the manual and im a little bit unsure of the Voltage ratings. So the manual say the max Voltage 30v, but is this rating for booth stages(LV,HV) of the input? Because in this experiment the max voltage before switching is max 200 VDC and after switching only round about +-200mV. For the first Experiments we use an 10:1 Probe and the HV Stage. But the resolution of the +- 200mV is very low, so we come up with the idea to use the LV-Stage because of the better resolution in the low voltage area and we are now unsure because at 200V the input gets 20V. May this broke the LV-Stage, i read in one post that the 30V max rating is only for a short-run.

Thank you in anticipation!

Greetings Julian

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: max Input Voltage on LV

Post by redpitaya » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:28 pm

The STEMlab125-10 and also the STEMlab125-14 have Low voltage range ±1V (LV) and the High Voltage range ±20V (HV) .

If you want to measure a 200V or lower signal with a 10x scope probe it means you will have 20V maximum at the board input and you can use the HV range.

30V max rating - more than this and you have really high chance of damaging the inputs.

kasaudio

Post by kasaudio » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:39 pm

What is abs. max input voltage (before damage) at LV setting?

30V max rating is for HV setting or both HV and LV?

br

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:08 am

The max rating applies to both ranges.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie