Real Time Clock Interface?

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
bryan.hayes

Real Time Clock Interface?

Post by bryan.hayes » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:13 pm

Has anyone been able to implement a real time clock (RTC) with the Red Pitaya via i2c or some other means? I would be very interested in learning how to do this.

pavel

Re: Real Time Clock Interface?

Post by pavel » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:32 pm

I think that the instructions from the following link should work for the Red Pitaya boards:

https://thepihut.com/blogs/raspberry-pi ... spberry-pi

However, you'll most probably have to enable the RTC modules and rebuild the Linux kernel.

kasaudio

Post by kasaudio » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Has anyone been able to implement a real time clock (RTC) with the Red Pitaya via i2c or some other means?
I managed to do it with the ds3231. I have to find the SD card with the code... But the clock information was not "visible" to the linux kernel - only within my application.

earlforeal

Post by earlforeal » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:16 pm

kasaudio wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:56 pm
Has anyone been able to implement a real time clock (RTC) with the Red Pitaya via i2c or some other means?
I managed to do it with the ds3231. I have to find the SD card with the code... But the clock information was not "visible" to the linux kernel - only within my application.
I am looking to use a ds3231 RTC as well. Any advice on how you got it to work?

kasaudio

Post by kasaudio » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 am

I'm rewriting code from scratch. I created wrappers around i2c interface to use arduino code with minimum effort. As I prefer object oriented programming I use c++ instead of c.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie