Acquire from scope directly to a txt file

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Catan

Acquire from scope directly to a txt file

Post by Catan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Dear All,

i'm asking about if there is a "quick and dirty" way to acquire signal from the scope and write their values over a txt file (so i can share and the other people could analyze data using matlab, geant, origin, o wharewere they want). The signal are "almost" square signal with a frequency of 100 kHz and duty cycle between 50% and 10% (so signal "on" for 1us to 5 us). Looking at the redpitaya (i have in lab a 125-14) adc seems capable to do it with a quite high sampling frequency (at least i need 10 MHz sampling frequency). In normal times i would have spend time to figure out by myself how to do it, but i'm quite out of time (and in hurry).
It could be great if there is also a way to set the number of event/trigger acquire (i.e. acquire waveform for 1M of event/trigger).

Data storage could be in the SD card or read directly from lan by a pc.

So some of you could suggest to me if there is some app, code, or guide in order to perform this simple task?

Thanks!

radiationman

Re: Acquire from scope directly to a txt file

Post by radiationman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:34 pm

I have a small C program that is essentially a multi-channel analyzer (MCA). It takes input from IN1/IN2 and determines the pulse height (has to be 0-10V), and the pulse height is binned over 1024 channels. So it doesn't save the pulse, but keeps count of how many pulses of height X occurred. The output is stored in a text file in whatever directory is specified, and looks something like this:

Code: Select all

IN1		IN2

16403		16404
32	        0
32	        0
15		0
14		0
8		0
9		0
...            ...
9		0
10		0
3		0
12		0
There are 1024 rows in the output, with each row corresponding roughly to 10/1024 = 10 mV. When plotted counts vs bin, it produces a spectrum for analysis. Let me know if this is something that could help.

radman

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Acquire from scope directly to a txt file

Post by redpitaya » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:09 pm

Please check our Streaming app. More info here:
https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... aming.html

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie