Can't get list of applications.

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
rtshort

Can't get list of applications.

Post by rtshort » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:47 am

I just got my RP. Took a few tries to get it to work, but then I got the front page with the list of applications.

Played with the scope/siggen for a bit and signals up to a few MHz worked very well. I shut down (using sudo halt), and restarted later. When I try to connect to the RP again the "Getting the list of applications" screen comes up with the little twirlies and never gives me the list of applications. I can get it to work again by flashing a new OS, but then after playing around a bit the same thing happens.

I can ssh into the RP, I can ping it, I can ping from the RP to my local network or the Internet, but my applications never come back.

Any hints?

Bob

Nils Roos

Re: Can't get list of applications.

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:45 pm

I never had that, and I can't reproduce it. What OS release are you currently using?

rtshort

Post by rtshort » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:51 am

Thank you for replying!

I am running 0.96-20. I have two SD cards, the one that came with the system that enabled my two purchased instruments and upgraded using the browser to whatever the latest OS is, and a second to which I flashed a recently downloaded image. Both do the same thing.

This is pretty strange. I feel, without good reason, that it is some kind of networking issue. I am using google-chrome on a debian linux system (testing), but see the same thing from Windows 10 using Chrome and from linux using firefox. I was never able to connect using the instructions so I just use the IP address (192.168.1.xx). As I said, I can ssh in, ping all over the place so it isn't a connectivity thing. I do have two access points in my network, but the second one *shouldn't* be interacting with this. I use DHCP from the primary access point to set the IP address. Some more details

If I reflash the OS, I can proceed with running applications. But when I use the back arrow in the application OR the browser's back button the fool thing hangs. I can connect directly to the application using the URL for the application itself (e.g. http://192.168.1.xx/scopegenpro/?type=run) and everything is fine.

I am sure I am some kind of corner case. I am reasonably linux literate, so if there are things I can do to help figure this out so nobody else gets bit I am happy to do so. In the mean time I figured out how to use my RP so all is well, if a little inconvenient.

Bob

tfoldes

Post by tfoldes » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Hello,
I am getting the exact same behavior on OS 0.96-86. (I can connect directly to the application using the URL for the application itself, but otherwise the RP is hanging "Getting the list of applications").
I am on Win10, getting the same behavior via Access Point mode or Direct Ethernet cable connection. In Access Point mode I am able to access the internet on the PC through the RP (static IP LAN). However if I go into //192.168.128.1/updater/ I get a "Your RedPitaya currently offline..." message.

Kind regards,
Tomas

Update: updated to 0.97, everything working correctly...
Last edited by tfoldes on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

LERMACHINE

Post by LERMACHINE » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:21 am

I just received my Red Pitaya and first things first, apps appeared. The update also appeared and I installed. Then I get the circling lines of death.... Anyone know how to fix this?

UPDATE:
I noticed the version.txt file that was preinstalled on my SD card says OS version 97. The update I installed was the 96.86.

Could this be an issue?

mnordgard

Post by mnordgard » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:22 pm

I have the same problem. Everything was working correctly, I updated the Os, unlocked the apps and since the RP has been stuck getting the list of applications every time I try.
I have no idea what to do about this.
Has anybody had any luck?

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi,
please try to clear browser cache, this should solve the problem.
kind regards, Red Pitaya team

Bren1234

Post by Bren1234 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm

I'm still seeing this problem, even after clearing my browser cache.

Very annoying - I can't use my RP - most of the time.

I can always connect via USB serial, and I see that the RP has an IPv4 address (192.168.x.x). I can ping my host PC from the RP, and ping the RP from my PC. However I can't see the RP as a web server, and cannot SSH into it.

Occasionally, something mysterious happens (I don't know what) and I can do both.

All help gratefully received!

- B

Bren1234

Post by Bren1234 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:25 pm

...update: I can also SSH from RP to PC.

So what might prevent SSH from PC to RP?

- B

Bren1234

Post by Bren1234 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:44 pm

Fixed by rewriting SD card.

This time, I remembered to umount before the dd!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie