Defective STEMLab 125-14 Ordered from Mouser

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
lauser

Defective STEMLab 125-14 Ordered from Mouser

Post by lauser » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:00 am

Last week, I ordered a STEMLab 125-14 Starter Kit from mouser.com. After opening the box and connecting the included 5V microUSB power supply to the PWR connector, nothing happened. No LED lights came on.

I inspected the PCB very closely on both sides, but I don't see any damage or missing components. There is no obvious reason for the problem.

Next, I looked at the schematic and started probing the DC-DC converter circuitry at the LTC3615 ICs. All of the voltages seem to be OK, except +3.3 V. Instead, +3.3 V measures -0.4 V. Also, the PGOOD output from the LTC3615 is low (pulled to ground). As a result, the board will not boot up.

Thus, I received a unit with a broken +3.3V output. I contacted Mouser, and they told me to contact Redpitaya for help. I need a replacement unit for work, so I cannot wait a long time to go through the RMA process.

Please help.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Defective STEMLab 125-14 Ordered from Mouser

Post by redpitaya » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:28 pm

I am surprised to hear Mouser refused a return. Have you checked against their terms of sale?
If they still do not accept this, I am sorry for the inconvenience, please contact us on our support email.
We do use fast couriers so the replacement to be done as fast as possible.

lauser

Re: Defective STEMLab 125-14 Ordered from Mouser

Post by lauser » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:56 pm

Yes, Mouser completely refused to help. I called DigiKey, and they said they would accept a return. Unfortunately, DigiKey is not restocking RedPitayas. But I will not be doing business with Mouser in the future.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie