Bazaar

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
nwerth

Re: Bazaar

Post by nwerth » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:03 pm

I do not have the SDR or any other apps installed. I started with fresh SD card images of 0.94RC22 and then RC19 build on 02DEC2015. No Bazaar connection with either. No license file updates. No NFS mounting possible. CAN connect to RP board via console, ethernet or wifi and via ssh and successfully ping bazaar.redpitaya.com, so Internet connection is good. It is as if the web UI application itself is not configured to access the Internet properly? At this point I can't do anything but acquire or generate to/from SD or memory via tty command line. Very frustrating, because I can't even use either oscilloscope or spectrum analyzer because they remain locked, even though they are unlocked in my account. Can I at least manually update and install a license file to unlock those apps? Better yet, we need find the root cause and fix it...

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi guys,

Well this is very strange
and it is hard for us to see what can go wrong if we can't reproduce this issue.

It will be great if each of you with this problem send to us
his email (email for redpitaya.com account) and mac address of the Red Pitaya on

support@redpitaya.com

and we will check your accounts/licences and boards

All Best, RP

DJ2NL

Post by DJ2NL » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:31 pm

We had some problems with the latest build, so can you please try with
previous versions:
http://downloads.redpitaya.com/downloads/
red_pitaya_OS_v0.94-RC21_2-Dec-2015.img.zip
or
red_pitaya_OS_v0.94-RC22_21-Dec-2015.img.zip

I tried the version from 21 Dec. 2015 without succes.

DJ2NL

PA0TRT

Post by PA0TRT » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:50 am

RP
I have tried both image files. Again without success.

red_pitaya_OS_v0.94-RC21_2-Dec-2015.img.zip
red_pitaya_OS_v0.94-RC22_21-Dec-2015.img.zip

The same error message keeps appearing as before when trying to access the bazaar:
"Protocol error while connecting to Bazaar server.
Consult Nginx error log for details.
OK, return to my Red Pitaya."

Rien PA0TRT

PA0TRT

Post by PA0TRT » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:40 am

RP
I have tried the next image files in my RP board. All are on different SD cards. With I can access the bazaar
The same cards in an other RP owned by PA0HWB do function normal and can access the bazaar.

red_pitaya_OS_v0.94-RC21_2-Dec-2015.img
red_pitaya_OS_v0.94-RC22_21-Dec-2015.img
ecosystem-0.92-65-35575ed-sdr-transceiver-hpsdr (SDR transceiver compatible with HPSDR, by Pavel Demon)

The first two do not generate a log file after trying to access the bazaar, and respond with an 404 error when requesting.
Today i discovered that the third SD card with SDR on it generates a log file after trying to access the bazaar:

1970/01/01 00:00:16 [error] 834#0: *3 Bazaar protocol error: ,
client: 192.168.0.106,
server: ,
request: "GET /bazaar HTTP/1.1",
host: "192.168.0.108", referrer: "http://192.168.0.108/"
1970/01/01 00:00:16 [error] 834#0: *4 Bazaar protocol error: ,
client: 192.168.0.106, server: ,
request: "GET /bazaar HTTP/1.1",
host: "192.168.0.108", referrer: "http://192.168.0.108/"

Again; The problem is NOT in the apps on the SD cards, but in the actual RP board.
The same SD cards function normal in an other RP board.
Also the ethernet is functioning normal

Rien PA0TRT

nwerth

Post by nwerth » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:31 am

Yes, I too have tried various OS builds going back to 0.93, and the all have the same problem on my board.

The Web GUI always returns a 404 error when hyperlinked to the error log, but it's because the file path it points to is wrong. I can always go into a terminal and find the error and debug logs under /var/log/redpitaya_nginx.

I wish the logs would show exactly what JSON URI strings where actually formed when trying to communicate with the redpitaya site. Looking at the index.htm code under the www directory, I can see that it may try to access accounts.redpitaya.com or store.redpitaya.com or bazaar.redpitaya.com at various points. It has to upload some sort of board identifier file, get the lic.lic file, or access the Bazaar contents it seems? In my logs it always has errors with license files when trying to access locked apps which are shown as unlocked in my redpitaya account. There are also the protocol errors when trying to access bazaar. Error log looks like specified protocol is HTTP 1.1, which is pretty standard. I can't tell who is unhappy with the protocol, RP board or redpitaya website. That is if it is indeed a protocol error, since it depends on the programmer correctly decoding the error code. If the logs showed the submitted URIs, I could at least try submitting them manually from a command window using curl.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:54 am

Hi guys,

We are still investigating what can be an issue regarding bazaar access and
free application installing.
On this FAQ link you can find instructions on how to install free applications manually
http://redpitaya.com/faq-page/#Applicat ... plications

Regarding pro application unlocking issues which might be connected to the bazaar issue we are also investigating.
We apologise for the inconvenience.

Best Regards, Red Pitaya

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi guys,

On thing to check regarding those who had a problem with
unlocking pro application AFTER changing OS versions / using fresh SD card
Which browser you are using?
I have noticed that Mozilla Firefox has an issue with that.
If not, can you try Google Chrome.

All best, RP

KKE

Post by KKE » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:31 pm

Same problem here ...

Using red_pitaya_OS_v0.94-RC22_21-Dec-2015.img.

Can't this problem get solved? Last post dates 21 January?!

nwerth

Post by nwerth » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:12 pm

I should be getting a replacement board in the next week, depending on shipping time. I'll post again when I find out if it is better or the same. It's a shot in the dark, though.
I have not tried rebuilding all the software, firmware and bootloader from scratch yet. But apparently the official images work fore some people, so I wouldn't hold much hope there.
Another potential problem could be in handshaking between the board and the Redpitaya servers. Not sure if that could be a server issue or an individual account issue. Haven't tried creating a new different account yet either.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie