SDR (Software Defined Radio) Transceiver

Have an idea? Post it here! - Looking for developers? Ask here as well!
take

Re: SDR (Software Defined Radio) Transceiver

Post by take » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:31 am

Pavel,

Thank you for poinging out the line related to my problem. I have been trying to fix the problem checking my mRX PS Setup but have not yet found out the proper setting to enable DIOx_P pins excet PTT (DIO0_P).

Well, I will continue to find the remedy and I will let you know when I find it.

Thank you again.

Regards,

take

de JA5AEA

take

Post by take » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:40 am

Hi Pavel,

This morning, I fixed the issue and my RedPitaya all DIOX_P pins areworking as you defined.

Why?

After writing my previous memo and wenting to bed, The other guy in my brain told me that my RedPitaya must have the old software and this explains the symptom all what I found out through the dialog with you. After waking up, I checkd my PC and found out two ecosystem files in Downloads folder and one sdr_tranceiver_hpsdr.bit date is 06/11/2016 and the other is 10/24/2016. Then, I checked the content of SD card extarting from RedPitaya and it is dated as 06/11/2016. Apparantly, I made a mistake at SD card copy process and copid the old software to my RedPitaya.

I do not know the reason why both softwares display the identical information on mRX PS Hardware tag i.e. "ver.2.1" but I think it is not kind for the users to be able to distingush them through normal operation.

Thank you very much to spend your time to educate me about RedPitaya system. Now I will be able to surprize my friends about alternative mthod to realize 100W RedPitaya SDR tranceiver without sourcing any addional 100PA, LPF and pre-selector for experienced hams.

How?

I will write it down to the separate memo and will post it soon.

Regards,

take

de JA5AEA

take

de JA5AEA

take

Post by take » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:56 am

Pavel,

It is not yeat perfect but I am happy if I receive comments to my following blog from the readers of this hread.

http://playredpitaya.blogspot.jp/2016/1 ... -100w.html

Regards,

take

de JA5AEA

take

Post by take » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:07 am

Hi Pavel,

I am working on CW mode and I have the following questions.

1. RedPitaya CW Generation Conidition
In your note, you describe "The CW signal is generated when onf of the CW mode selected in PowerSDR mRX PS" and the pin DIO2_N is connected to GND." However, It should be "......when onf of the CW mode selected in PowerSDR mRX PS", the pin_DIO0_N (PTT) and the pin DIO2_N (KEY) are connected to GND". Of course, I am using external keyer (CW Type software and RTS/DTR signals control KEY and PTT). Please confirm this.

2. PTT, Out (DIO0_P) does not activated when the pin_DIO0_N (PTT) is connected to GND
I am wondering the reason why RedPitaya does not activate PTT, Out when it is received KEY signal from external keyer? I looks like RedPitaya/mRX PS expect external keyer takes care of RedPitaya and all external hardware for PTT control. Is this the design philosophy of RedPitaya CW functionality? Or, I am making another mistake about the settings of RedPitaya/mRX PS?

Sorry for trouble you but I am glad if you kindly respond my question.

Regards,

take

de JA5AEA

paim

Post by paim » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:18 am

hi
is there any yahoo group for the hamlap ?
73 elan g0uut

df5sf

Post by df5sf » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:24 pm

Hi Pavel,
In an old posting from Jun 01, 2015 N4TLF mentioned, that
"the SDR app seems to have some issues with signals stronger than about -80dBm. The RP spec-an app does not show the same issues. These tests were done at 7.15MHz, and at 5.0MHz."

Is this problem solved in latest SDR-TRANSCEIVER compatible with HPSDR ???

Many thanks
Uli, DF5SF

pavel

Post by pavel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:14 pm

In an old posting from Jun 01, 2015 N4TLF mentioned, that
"the SDR app seems to have some issues with signals stronger than about -80dBm. The RP spec-an app does not show the same issues. These tests were done at 7.15MHz, and at 5.0MHz."
Is this problem solved in latest SDR-TRANSCEIVER compatible with HPSDR ???
It was solved. The information about the solution was posted just a few posts later:
viewtopic.php?t=265&p=2223#p2223

If you observe a similar problem with one of the more recent versions, then please make sure that you're using the very latest version (0.94-1451) of the SDR transceiver compatible with HPSDR.

Earlier this year, there was a compatibility problem with the 0.96 SD card images available from http://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/late ... Dcard.html. You can find more details about this problem in the following post:
viewtopic.php?t=265&p=6388#p6388

With the latest version (0.94-1451) of the SDR transceiver compatible with HPSDR this problem is solved.

df5sf

Post by df5sf » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Many thanks Pavel,

can I find the latest version of sdr-transceiver here: http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya ... ver-hpsdr/ ????

Uli, DF5SF

pavel

Post by pavel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:10 pm

df5sf wrote: can I find the latest version of sdr-transceiver here: http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya ... ver-hpsdr/ ????
Yes, the version at this link is always the latest one.

take

Post by take » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:25 am

Hi Pavel,

My TS-680S project is completed by puresignal capability addition. CW functionality issue was solved by the addition of one optical coupler. I also confirmed the function of monitor Foward and Reverse Power Measurement by the slow AI0 and AI1 of E0 connnection.

All functions are well supported by your fantastic firmware.

The updates are included in the following blog.

http://playredpitaya.blogspot.jp/2016/1 ... -100w.html

Thank you very much.

I hope your activity will be more appreciate by the world-wide hams.

Regards,

take

de JA5AEA

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie