RMT Acquisition application

Share it with others! So what you are up to do these days?
hunterakins

RMT Acquisition application

Post by hunterakins » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm working on an acquisition and processing application for a geophysical application (RMT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetotellurics)

The measurement is a two channel acquisition, one channel is from a magnetic antenna, the other is from an electric antenna.

So far I have some code that acquires data from the two channels, computes the FFT and measures the coherency between the two channels to estimate the noise in the pitaya. : https://github.com/hunterakins/RMT-Acquisition.

It will acquire on pulses from a GPS module wired to the GPIO trigger.

I'd really appreciate it if someone took a look and let me know what they think.

[Edited: got rid of dependency on GNU GSL]

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: RMT Acquisition application

Post by redpitaya » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:14 am

Actually this sounds very interesting. Can you share more details, and what is the reason behind your project? Thank you,

Nick

jabb2309

Post by jabb2309 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:58 pm

Hi, I am very interesting in make a TEM with Red Pitaya,

Excellent project, I would like to contact you and see the possibility of building a TEM, synchronized by GPS, it will be possible..... I have some ideas and there are several master's and doctoral theses that are in the works.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:18 pm

Sorry, what is a TEM in this case?

jabb2309

Post by jabb2309 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:14 am

TEM stands for Transient Electromagnetic Method. It is a geophysical exploration technique used to investigate the subsurface properties of the Earth. TEM involves the generation of a time-varying electromagnetic field by transmitting a current through a transmitter coil, and then measuring the response of the subsurface to this field using a receiver coil.

In TEM, a short pulse of current is sent through the transmitter coil, which induces a primary magnetic field that penetrates the ground. This primary field then induces secondary electromagnetic fields in the subsurface, which are measured by the receiver coil. The response of the subsurface to the transmitted pulse provides valuable information about the electrical conductivity and distribution of subsurface materials.

By analyzing the measured signals, geophysicists can infer properties such as the presence of geological structures, variations in subsurface conductivity, and the location of groundwater reservoirs. TEM is particularly useful for mapping underground resistivity anomalies and can be applied in various geological and environmental investigations, including mineral exploration, groundwater mapping, and geotechnical studies.

TEM surveys can be conducted using different configurations, such as ground-based surveys or airborne surveys using helicopter or drone platforms. The data obtained from TEM surveys are typically processed and interpreted to create geophysical models and maps of the subsurface properties of the surveyed area.

Overall, TEM is a powerful geophysical method that provides valuable insights into the subsurface and has applications in various fields of geosciences and environmental studies.

jabb2309

Post by jabb2309 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:01 pm

Right now I have all the components, cable for the transmitting antenna, I have the 65-watt fast cut RF signal transmitter to analyze transients, I have bought all the RedPitaya board, I have the magnetic antenna RX with induction coil and ferrite center for ELF, SLF and ULF frecuencies, and other necessary components, but I need help from an electronic to guide me in this process, is there anyone who wants to help implement this TEM.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie