Implementing a time-varying controller

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
davidbarton

Implementing a time-varying controller

Post by davidbarton » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in implementing a PID (actually just PD) controller with a time-varying (periodic) control target, i.e., the set-point of the controller changes periodically. I've done this before with bare metal programming on a BeagleBone Black with an analogue interface board of my own design but I like the idea of using the RP since it is community supported rather than my own bespoke and rather naive I/O board. (I work in a university research lab and I'm quite keen to have hardware that people around the world can just pick up and try my ideas with.)

My requirements are (hopefully!) fairly modest
  • 10 kHz sample rate (5 kHz is OK)
  • periodic set point (I've previously described the set point by 5-10 Fourier coefficients); the fundamental frequency of the set-point is around 10-100 Hz depending on the application.
  • continuous operation
  • user adjustable parameters during continuous operation (e.g., change one of the Fourier coefficients as it is running)
When my RP arrives from RS, I'll have a look at the PID example but does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might implement the time-varying parts? (As I said, I've done it before on an ARM A8 processor but never on an FPGA.)

Thanks!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie