TTL Input Pin on E1

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
ClaireE47

TTL Input Pin on E1

Post by ClaireE47 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:06 am

Hi,

I wanted to use a TTL input on one of the E1 pins as a hardware input for one of the pre-existing programs
e.g. a hardware input for the integrator reset for the PID.
Would I have to assign the pin to the PID in the FPGA? Or is it possible to do in the C code/controller?

There seems to be a lot of code in red_pitaya_top.v and red_pitaya_hk.v about the extension connecter for the 16 GPIO pins - is that for future developments and is unused now? If I wanted to specifically allocate one of the 16 pins in the Verilog, could I comment this out?

Thanks for your help

Nils Roos

Re: TTL Input Pin on E1

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:40 pm

As far as I can tell, the expansion connectors are already fully functional.
If you want to use them from (userspace-)software, take a look at the list of control registers. mmap() the housekeeping subsystem's address space (0x40000000 - 0x400fffff) on /dev/mem and you can use the "Expansion connector ..." registers to interface with the pins.

If you'd rather do it within the fpga, you could separate one or more of the IOBUFs "i_iobufp/n" from its internal connections to the HK and wire them to the PID instead.

ClaireE47

Re: TTL Input Pin on E1

Post by ClaireE47 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:18 am

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie