Electronics repair with RP?

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
7dalibor7

Electronics repair with RP?

Post by 7dalibor7 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Can red pitaya be used as a proffesional instrument in consumer electronics(tv,hifi,dvd etc.) repair and(or) in industrial electronics enviroment?In other words can it have a practical everyday application in electronics repairing and troubleshooting?
I'm interested in buying this product but having some doubt that it would suite my needs.

codinghead

Re: Electronics repair with RP?

Post by codinghead » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi,

We are currently making use of the scope, spectrum analyzer and signal generator applications with the RP for bench testing of consumer grade electronics, so I would say, yes, the RP can be used in this manner.

From a price perspective, the RP can do a whole lot more than just an oscilloscope for the same or a bit more money, and you have the signal generation capability too. However, dedicated scopes/sig. gens etc. are more fully featured in that, for example, a scope often offers complex triggering, simple data bus decoding etc. The RP has the potential to do these things, but it requires that someone write the code to do this - so this sort of stuff doesn't happen out-of-the-box, yet.

Hope this is of some help.

Best regards, Stuart

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie