Blue LED not active

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
nsap

Blue LED not active

Post by nsap » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Hey folks,

My RP was functioning fine a week ago; however, now the blue (D) led is no longer active. The only lights which are on are the green (P) led and the yellow (8) led, but only dimly.

This situation seems to be similar to this user's, but no solution was reached for him. Any suggestions? I've already tried formatting the SD card and copying over the RP files. In addition, I don't believe I put my RP under any stress.

Thanks for the help!

Nils Roos

Re: Blue LED not active

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:16 am

The solution in emyemy's case was to use a stronger power supply - judging from the lack of further reports of problems after that suggestion, at least.

How do you power your RedPitaya ?
If you plug it into a USB port on a hub or your computer, or even a 1A charger, it might be the cause of your problems.
I admit, it is a bit strange that it stopped working only recently, but still, making sure it is supplied correctly is the first thing to do.

nsap

Post by nsap » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:26 am

Hey Nils,

Sorry for not including that information. I use a wall-socket power supply. 5V, 2A.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Your description indicates that the failure happens before the first stage of the boot process completes.

Apart from power instability, this can have two likely causes:
  1. something is wrong with the SD card, that prevents finding and loading the boot.bin
  2. something is wrong with the board
Make sure you have the card prepared as per these instructions (FAT32, <32GB formatted capacity) and be sure it is inserted correctly.

Unfortunately, in your specific situation there is very little diagnostic information available that would allow narrowing down the cause. Do you remember what you did with your RedPitaya when it stopped working ?

There is also the possibility of the problem being point 2. Even though you did not subject your RP to excessive "stress", an electrostatic discharge to any exposed contact on the board can make short work of the hardware.

kalil1

Post by kalil1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:30 am

i have the same problem do u have a solution

thanks

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:15 am

First make sure that the sd-card is inserted properly. If it is you should try to re-write the OS image to your sd-card. If that does not help try to use another sd-card if you have one.

As I said above, if it is not a problem with the sd-card, the next likely cause is that your board got damaged, eg. by a static discharge.

kalil1

Post by kalil1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:31 am

Yes i have formated my sd-card and i re write os but i have always this problem. and it's urgent

thanks

kalil1

Post by kalil1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:32 am

and whta i have to do if my board got damaged ???

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:50 am

The usual? You know, like, contact the manufacturer, ask for a warranty replacement or repair options or buy a new one?

Maybe support@redpitaya.com can help you better diagnose the problem and have some more ideas what might be broken.

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:50 am

Hi!
I encounter same problem, do you find any solutions? I first confirm my sd card is well, because i have two board,when i use the card another board is work well, but when i insert the problem board it still have the problem,from the manual i find the board can't load system, but i don't know how to further check,could you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

jim

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie